1) You should always wait until the garage door is all the way up before backing out.
2) The crunch of breaking glass is a sound that will stay with you for a long time to come.
3) A garage door can be bent back into (relative) shape with a mallet and a lot of gumption.
4) Auto glass companies are surprisingly fast, though not surprisingly expensive.
5) When you shatter your back windshield, a lot of glass falls into the rear hatch. Good thing that panel can be taken off, vacuumed out, and replaced.
6) It’s never a good idea to try to salvage a day that starts with an accident by trying a new recipe for dinner.
7) You cannot cook pasta in the crockpot. Well, you can, but it will taste absolutely awful.
8) The kids like bacon again! Unfortunately, I didn’t have much bacon when I offered, because I thought they didn’t like it.
9) When all else fails, have pancakes for dinner. Follow with chocolate, a hot shower, and a good night’s sleep. Then start from scratch tomorrow.